The primarily function of the Wind Commissioner is to commission wind turbines safely, efficiently and in accordance with GE Energy established procedures and safe work practices. The Wind Commissioner is to represent GE in a responsible manner with integrity and by exercising good judgment, both during work hours and off work hours.
We are always looking for talented commissioners to join our GE Renewables team and are seeking expressions of interest if you think this could be for you!
Please apply now to join our GE talent pool.
- Adhere to and/or implement Safety Procedures/protocols issued to the site that affect his/her scope of responsibilities in accordance with the Wind EHS Outage Plan.
- Participates in LOTO process as required/directed
- Comply with all Quality Processes
- Ensures all systems and equipment are tested, and commissioned, in accordance with the applicable documentation
- Ensures corrective action is taken to fix all problems that impact Turbine Completion
- Provides information for E-DSR, where required, as defined by Communication Guideline
- As directed, perform basic SCADA/WFMS commissioning in accordance with documentation with support of SCADA Engineers
- Manage time and assigned resources responsibly to ensure successful completion of the site goals and objectives.
The successful candidate will be fluent in English with effective written and oral communication skills, possess strong presentation and negotiation skills and be able to manage multiple complex issues concurrently.
- Fluent in English
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience with installation and mechanical completion of wind turbine generators.
- Australian Licensed electrician
- Experienced in installation of GE Wind Turbine Generators of 3.X series
- Experienced in installation of Wind Turbine Generators of megawatt capacity
- Completed GE Wind Training
oral and written communication skills.
interpersonal and leadership skills.
to work independently.
problem solving skills.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Australia; Bodangora