About the Role
As the Wholesale Markets Settlements Manager you will manage a team of 4 direct reports to ensure the overall reconciliation and settlements of Wholesale Contracts to ensure data accuracy and timeliness of settlement. This includes Wholesale Electricity contracts, gas supply and haulage contracts, all green commodity contracts, oil contracts and other wholesale customer contracts.
Note this is a 12 month fixed term contract position.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reconciliation and settlement of wholesale electricity, gas, oil and eco-market contracts and treasury transactions.
- Lead, actively promote and implement continuous improvement of the quality and efficiency of all settlement processes.
- Liaise with Electricity/Gas Accounting teams to ensure the accurate and timely forecasting and recording of wholesale electricity and gas transactions.
- Manage, at minimum cost, the prudential requirements of AGL's wholesale electricity and gas market transactions.
- Ensure that the Settlement function operates in strict accordance with the requirements of the Wholesale Market Risk Policy at all times.
- Promote teamwork, cooperation and a high-performance culture within the settlements and broader finance team.
- Effectively manage stakeholder relationships both internally at AGL as well as externally with counterparties and government agencies.
- You are tertiary qualified in a quantitative / business disciplined and you have significant demonstrated experience as a settlements manager or similar within a complex industry – preferably energy.
- You are able to successfully build and manage relationships across AGL as well as with key external stakeholders.
- Your influencing and negotiation skills are exceptional and you have demonstrated experience utilising them at varying levels of seniority.
- You possess superior analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills which you have developed throughout your career.
- You possess a strong Technical Energy Markets understanding coupled with excellent attention to detail and appreciation of working accurately and in a timely manner.
- You are an experienced business leader and are able to inspire high levels of employee engagement within your business unit.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities, supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. This is an opportunity to be exposed to more exciting opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours, the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.