At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.BMC is currently seeking an experienced CHPP Operations Supervisor to lead the CHPP crews in safe production and maintenance activities to ensure the plant's performance matches the mine's operating requirements of timely and cost effective supply of coal to the customer and within customer, within specifications.
Reporting to the CHPP Operations Superintendent, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Leading/coordinating, direct & control all personnel, systems, reporting and equipment associated with the production and on-shift activities within the CHPP while maintaining the site culture of safety and productivity. to gain Zero Harm as well as high levels of productivity.
- Ensure all work is adequately planned and resourced and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Develop production strategies in conjunction with the CHPP Operations Superintendent Management that achieves the required production outputs.
- Communicate daily with crew regarding shift information and other matters of interest.
- Participate in identifying opportunities to improve the performance of people, machinery and equipment and implement and monitor such improvements.
The successful applicant will have 3-5 years experience in mineral processing (preferably coal). They will also have supervisory experience in processing mining operations with Supervisory qualifications, S1, S2, S3. An Engineering Trade qualification is required with education in Minerals Processing or Engineering and Certificate level skills in Maintenance Planning, Minerals Processing is desirable. The person will have sound computer skills combined with strong planning & organisational skills.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.