- Full time, Permanent Position
- $66,458-$76,341 + 17% Super
- Convenient CBD location
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
Property Services is located in the Operations Portfolio which is the services nucleus of RMIT and the focus for the development of the finance, people development infrastructure and systems that provide administrative capacity to the University.
The Role & Your Responsibilities
The Bookings officer is an important customer service role in the provision of booking information and bookings for both internal and external clients at RMIT University. This position is responsible for managing non L&T related bookings in the University’s L&T spaces, venues and meeting rooms.The incumbent will require a sound working knowledge of RMIT University spaces and procedures with the expectation of providing accurate and efficient service.
Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrated high level customer service experience with the ability to successfully respond to client needs.
- Administrative skills and proven ability to perform at a consistently high level.
- Exhibit high level written and verbal communication skills and confidential interact with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to address various functions and systems simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate excellent IT skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience using booking tools (ie Syllabus Plus or Priava) would be an advantage.
- Ability to contribute to and work as part of a team.
To ApplyTo view a position description, please visit http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job #571021
Applications close on Sunday 21st October 2018
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.