- AMP values career development
- Amazing Circular Quay location
- We value Diversity
If you are wanting to utilise your banking background and looking for an opportunity to work in our Group Treasury, then this role will provide you the opportunity to build your skills and expertise. You can also gain experience in the treasury department of a large financial services corporate.
Group Treasury activities include front office (dealing) as well as middle and back office (settlement and reporting). It is responsible for managing liquid asset portfolios of AMP Group and Bank including compliance with regulatory, board and management limits.
It manages short and long-term wholes funding including the residential mortgage backed securitisation programme as well as market risk management and regulatory capital.
About the role
You will be supporting the Senior Dealer with managing the analysis and forecasting of the AMP group liquidity as well as Bank’s liquidity, funding and capital position. You will provide support to Group Treasury liquidity and market risk policies for both the AMP Group and AMP Bank and looking after the front office analytics and reporting particularly ALCO and Board reporting
More specifically your main responsibilities will include
- Analyse and explain variances in the group and Bank’s liquidity (LCR and NSFR) and interest rate risk positions
- Preparation of ALCO papers on liquidity, funding, risk management etc;
- Assist in regulator (primarily APRA) applications, requests and/or questions and Interpretation of APRA’s prudential standards on liquidity, funding and capital and their application to AMP.
- Assist in various Front Office Treasury activities including month end processes, reporting, systems enhancements, system upgrades, testing etc
- Maintain and enhance the Bank’s Contingency Funding Plan and conduct the annual liquidity fire drill; and
- Assist with capital market transactions, documentation, due diligence processes etc.
With your Tertiary qualifications in commerce, finance or economics or a finance related field what we also look for in you:
- Ideally at least 3 years’ experience in a large bank or financial services company with exposure to finance and/or treasury.
- An understanding of financial markets particularly debt capital markets, FX and interest rate markets and derivatives;
- A basic understanding of accounting and APRA standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Your desire to develop technical skills in economics, financial analysis, valuation techniques and financial instruments as well as completion or progress toward CFA or Master of Applied Finance would be highly regarded.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
If you require further information on this role, please contact: Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036