Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Training Administrator reporting to the HSE&T Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Peak Downs is located 6km south-east of Moranbah in the Bowen Basin.
The primary purpose of your role will be to provide efficient and effective administrative planning and support to the Project.
You will also be required to:
- Participate in the pro-active management of the effectiveness of HSE&T measures on site
- Carry out specific Training responsibilities as defined in the Thiess Project Management Systems
- Assist the HSE&T Manager, in the compilation and preparation of monthly reporting requirements
- Perform ongoing review of site specific plans, procedures and forms to validate compliance requirements and identify improvement opportunities
- Proactively support the implementation and effectiveness of quality management system on the Project
- Perform other duties as may be defined by the HSE&T Manager.
What skills and experience do you need?
- A minimum of one year of experience in a site administrative capacity
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of the Queensland Workplace Health & Safety Act, Regulations and where applicable Codes of Practice
- First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Certificate IV – WHS (desirable)
- Certificate IV – Training and Assessment (TAE)
- Planning & organising
- Time management
- Relationship management
- Site safety database skills
5 days on, 2 days off roster
How to Apply
If achieving success through people and bottom line results, and progressing your career is your passion, then consider joining a company that's as excited about the important things as you are. Thiess strongly supports a culture of recognition, leadership development and offers a stimulating and satisfying work environment, so there is no better time to join Thiess.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.