At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We have a 12 month fixed term opportunity for a curious an enthusiastic person to join our Maintenance Execution team at Finucane Island. Based in Port Hedland, working an 8x6 roster, and reporting to the Supervisor Fixed Plant Maintenance, the successful candidate will:
- Have an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
- Complete mechanical plant inspections on all balanced and fixed plant assets, such as car dumpers, reclaimers, ship loaders, stackers, conveyor systems, hydraulics and water recovery systems
- Change out mechanical components
- Diagnose and fault find mechanical issues
- Build relationships across the team and other functions
- Scope jobs across Finucane Island
- Enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A proven track record of safe work practices, preferably in a high risk environment
- Current full West Australian “C” class motor vehicle license or current equivalent Australian State motor vehicle license
- An eagerness to learn about the mining industry, mechanical trades and our operations
- Proven track record of hazard identification and resolution
- A proactive problem solver who bring a positive mindset to work
- Demonstrated experience working in a diverse team environment
- A proven ability to learn quickly and continuously develop your own skill set while in the field
**LocationThis position will be offered to successful candidate on an 8x6 roster, working and residing in Port Hedland. You have the opportunity to join a vibrant, 15,000-strong population who enjoy well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. Port Hedland offers a range of excellent sporting and leisure amenities including a newly built aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Nature lovers will appreciate being surrounded by beaches and mangroves, which are home to an abundance of fish and native wildlife. You will find yourself within easy distance to spectacular Broome, as well as the Karratha and Karijini National Parks. We will provide you with subsidised rental accommodation (company housing) and utilities (power and water). The successful candidate will also be provided with a comprehensive relocation package to ensure a smooth transition into Port Hedland life.
Job Reference #74767Please note that shortlisting and interviewing may commence prior to advertising close on the 13th of December 2018At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.**