(2 year fixed term contract)
This is an exciting opportunity for a telecommunications design professional to take responsibility for producing design documents, document management support, Connect Master Design system support and detailed design work. You will liaise with key stakeholders such as the Sales Team, Asset Performance, Field Services and Operations and will be responsible in liaising with external contractors and suppliers for customer solutions and projects.
As the Telecommunications Design Engineer you will:
- Provide technical advice in compliance with appropriate standards
- Provide support in managing the Connect Master design and asset management software for the provisioning of TransGrid Telecommunications Network.
- Liaise with other teams, external contractors and equipment provider to plan project work, to provide specific design inputs and documentation, to support in procurement of equipment.
- Design of Telecommunications Networks and Solutions for our Sales and Business Development Teams
- Assist in providing engineering support during commissioning of Telecommunications systems.
- Prepare specification documents, drawings and pricing schedules.
- Assist in the evaluation of tenders and preparation of evaluation reports, recommendations and submissions for approval.
- Determine contract scope of works, technical and quality requirements, and defined environmental and safety outcomes require in contract works.
- Administer contracts in accordance with TransGrid’s financial management procedures.
- Develop and prepare technical reports, submissions and presentations in compliance with appropriate standards
- Produce the drawings related to Telecommunication projects and Communication services
- Contribution in the development of design standards and procedures that define TransGrid’s practices in the implementation and testing of telecommunications systems
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external groups and individuals.
- Assistance in the development and support of systems.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification at degree level in an appropriate engineering discipline
- Design experience of Telecommunications engineering projects.
- Well-developed interpersonal, report writing and business reporting skills.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Standards and Government policy guidelines, which govern safety, engineering design, environmental assessment for the implementation of engineering projects.
- Experience with Corporate IT applications.
- Experience in the management of complex engineering projects.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and resolve technical problems accompanied
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office software
- Current driver’s licence and the ability to work away from assigned location
Telecomunications specific requirements:
- Design experience of Telecommunications projects
- Possess and apply good knowledge in most of the functional telecommunication design areas
- Design and testing experience of telecommunication systems
- Significant knowledge of Optical, Microwave, SDH, PDH, DWDM, MPLS technologies
- Some experience in Telecommunication Management System (NMS and Telecom Provisioning/inventory software like Connect Master)
- Demonstrated knowledge of complete concept and “for construction” designs of telecommunications and associated systems
- Demonstrated experience in field investigations to analyse system faults to enable development and recommendation of preferred solution
- Working knowledge of Safety in Design (SiD) practices and WHS legislation
At the heart of the national electricity market, our high voltage transmission network connects consumers across NSW and ACT to safe and reliable electricity. We’re a newly privatised company that’s taking a leading role in encouraging the connection of renewable generation and, more broadly, the transition to a low carbon future.
We offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide are continually improving. Our people come from a broad range of backgrounds that reflect the communities we serve, and bring different perspectives to different challenges.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day. For further information please contact our HR Business Partnering team on (02) 9620 0222 (ext 900 222) or visit www.transgrid.com.au/careers to view the position description and apply online.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
Please note this is a 2 year fixed term contract
We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here .
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.