What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
"Educators are the ultimate source of empowerment ... Technology can help … but think about what the inspired teacher can do. Really, someone who is active in teaching is the ultimate form of empowerment … in making a difference to the world.".
- Satya Nadella, CEO Microsoft
Microsoft was founded on the principle that people can do remarkable things when technology is within reach.   Core to our mission is creating immersive and inclusive experiences that inspire lifelong learning, stimulating development of essential life skills – communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, character, citizenship and computational thinking – and supporting educators in guiding and nurturing student passions.   We will empower students and educators to create and share in entirely new ways, to teach and learn through exploration, to adapt to individual learning needs, so they can make, design, invent and build with technology that stays out of the way.   At Microsoft, we believe technology has the power to support learning transformation and be the trusted partner to help governments and nations around the world to build a future ready workforce needed to fuel economies and entrepreneurship.
Join us in our mission of empowering the students of today to create the world of tomorrow.
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else.   This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Azure is the most innovative cloud platform in computing today and Microsoft is hiring Technology Solutions Professional OSS Global Black Belt.
The Global Black Belt Technology Solutions Professional is a technical sales professional within our enterprise sales organization with a special focus on infrastructure advanced workloads. A Global Black Belt Application Development TSP contributes to revenue and market share growth by leading technical engagements to win based on solutions leveraging the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform and infrastructure offerings with a specialization in Modern Application Development methods, tools and processes.
•      50% You will be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy, architect and adopt Microsoft OSS solutions. Being a member of the sales opportunity team, you will give technical presentations, demonstrations, help execute proof of concepts, design and implement solutions leveraging P-Sellers, partners, ISVs and MCS as needed. You will directly support the market share and revenue growth of Microsoft OSS platform through your technical leadership in designing and implementing mission critical solutions for our customers.
•      30% You will be the thought leader in OSS space. You lead by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry events and publishing blogs, whitepapers, reference architecture etc in your area of expertise
20% You will influence the Microsoft OSS platform go to market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers you encounter.
•      Experienced. 10+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles required
•      Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, written, and verbal communication skills required
•      Executive Presence. Proven experience engaging with senior level executives preferred
•      Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required
•      Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services field, Microsoft partners, and Microsoft corporate sales, engineering, and marketing required
•      Domain-specific subject matter expert. Deep technical knowledge of application development processes in both on-premises and cloud solutions (including CI/CD and DevOps approaches), with the ability to apply that to customer scenarios; and to provide meaningful technical feedback to engineering groups required
•      OSS expertise. Technical knowledge of workloads running in OSS solutions (Containers, OpenShift, CloudFoundry, MEAN/LAMP Stack; ISV applications) and tools (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins) required
•      Market insights. Understanding of Linux/OSS cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, RackSpace) desired
•      Technical proficiency to quickly learn new and emerging technologies required
•      Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of security, privacy, and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions preferred
•      Planning for success. Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning
•      Technical breadth. Enterprise-scale experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations and management of technology required
•      Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required
•      Certifications in domain-specific (Java Programmer Certification, AWS Certified Developer, Cloud Foundry Certified Developer, Puppet Certified Professionals, Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer, Certified Scrum Developer) technologies preferred
•      Certification in Microsoft Azure – MCSD App Builder preferred
•      Certifications in information security desired
Coding bootcamp or related experience desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.