At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Positioned within the Central Pilbara Aviation & Accommodation Maintenance team, the function of the Maintenance Technician, Plumbing/Fitter is to safely undertake day-to-day preventative maintenance of facilities & equipment as per 1SAP processes, maintenance schedules, and work instructions, coupled with the ability to efficiently resurrect the facilities, plant & equipment from a breakdown situation and employ RCA to prevent reoccurrence.
Reporting to the Supervisor Non Process Infrastructure, your duties will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations;
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development;
- Working from schematic drawings, prints, plans or manuals, and recording any modifications;
- Daily inspections on the Village Waste Water Treatment Plants;
- Village Accommodation room general maintenance and repairs;
- Daily breakdown maintenance and repairs;
- Weekly servicing of the Water Softener systems
- Plumbing installation works as required;
- Kitchen catering equipment serving and repairs;
- Kitchen plumbing system repairs and maintenance;
- Swimming Pool system repairs as required;
- Repairs to buried water mains and sewerage piping;
- Responding to after-hours breakdown calls
- Assist other trades as required on a daily basis;
- Utilising computerised maintenance management systems; and undertake training as required.
Location You will be based at our 'Yandi' mine on a fly-in fly-out 8/6 roster. Yandi is located approximately 170kms North of Newman West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, tennis and basketball courts, netted cricket pitch, beach volleyball court and recreation room. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- FIFO Camp maintenance and operation background highly desirable;
- Experience with computer maintenance management systems (preferably SAP).
- Trade Certificate in Plumbing and Gas Fitting; (Plumbing Contractors Licence highly desirable)
- Plumbing Contractors Licence and Backflow Prevention (Desirable)
- Poly Welding, Backhoe, Excavator, Skid steer loader, IT loader, (licences preferred)
- Relevant heavy industry exposure, with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in the plumbing trade.
- EWP, Confined Space and Working at Heights Certificates (Desirable).
- Valid Australian C class driver's license,
- HR licence (Desirable).
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Reference Number – 69807
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.