At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and talented Heavy Mechanical Technician to join our site based Mobile Equipment Maintenance team on a fulltime basis. Your key role in our team will be ensuring we conduct safe and effective maintenance contributing to high mobile fleet availability and reliability.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, within the Mobile Maintenance team your duties will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations;
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development;
- Working with the Supervisor to ensure collaboration with the Mining Production department in order to agree on a weekly maintenance schedule of work;
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Maintenance in all areas of Mobile Plant - CAT 793F & 785 Haul Trucks and Water carts.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Ensuring adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process;
- Complete Field Leadership activities as per KPI’s
As the successful, candidate you will possess the following:
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Fitter Trade Qualification with a minimum 2 years Post Trade Experience
- Experience maintaining CAT 793F & 785 Haul Trucks and Water carts in a large scale open pit mining operation;
- Strong heavy vehicle mechanical fitting maintenance competency, with sound diagnostic abilities
- Competent with systems such as SIS, Electronic Technicians & Cummins Insite
- EWP, Working at Heights, CV (Hiab), CN (Non Slewing Crane), Dogman & Forklift license desirable
- Strong presentation, communication and coaching skills
- Ability to work closely in a team environment
- Strong computer skills – using Microsoft Office suite, SAP, Excel
- Ability to work of schematic drawings
- C and HR Driver’s License
**Location You will be based at our ‘Eastern Ridge’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 2 weeks on, 1 week off roster. The Eastern Ridge mine is made up of several deposits and contributes to the overall ore production of the Newman Joint Venture hub. At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.**