At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and talented Heavy Mechanical Technician to join our site based Mobile & Auxiliary Maintenance team at our Eastern Ridge operation. Your key role in our team will be ensuring we conduct safe and effective maintenance contributing to high mobile fleet availability and reliability. Reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance, within the Mobile and Auxiliary Maintenance team your duties will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations;
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development;
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Maintenance in all areas of Mobile Plant - Caterpillar 992G’s and 992K’s, 16M Graders, D10T Dozers, cat auxiliary equipment, light trucks including Scania, Acco, Mitsubishi and small water trucks
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Ensuring adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process;
- Complete Field Leadership activities as per KPI’s
As the successful, candidate you will possess the following:
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Fitter Trade Qualification with a minimum 5 years post-trade experience
- Experience maintaining Caterpillar 992G’s and 992K’s, 16M Graders, D10T Dozers, cat auxiliary equipment, Light trucks including Scania, Acco, Mitsubishi and small water trucks
- Experience in a maintenance capacity in an earthmoving open pit field experience and large work shop environment is essential
- Strong presentation, communication and coaching skills
- Ability to work closely in a team environment
- Strong computer skills – using Microsoft Office suite, SAP, Excel
- Ability to work of schematic drawings
- C and HR Driver’s License with an F Class extension highly desirable
**Location You will be based at our ‘Eastern Ridge’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 2 weeks on, 1 week off roster. The Eastern Ridge mine is made up of several deposits and contributes to the overall ore production of the Newman Joint Venture hub. At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.**