At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance, within the Mobile Equipment Maintenance workshop team your duties will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations;
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development;
- Working with your Supervisor to ensure collaboration with the Mining Production department in order to agree on a weekly maintenance schedule of work;
- Ensuring dispatch and KPI reporting systems are kept up to date and reflect actual equipment status for down time and data is analysed to identify trends and target improvement opportunities;
- Ensuring adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Complete Field Leadership activities as per KPI’s; and
- Maintain a valid Pit Permit.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Auto Electrical trade qualification;
- Experience maintaining ancillary equipment utilized in a large scale open pit mining operation;
- Equipment experience necessary Caterpillar D10,D11 16/24M graders ,992 loaders 984 tigers and small loaders;
- Self-motivated and ability to work alone and in teams;
- Capability in 1SAP desirable;
- HRWL – Forklift, Dogging/Rigging, Crane, VLC, EWP; desirable; and
- HR License.
Location In this residential role you will be based in Newman, Western Australia. You will be working at the closely located ‘Mount Whaleback’ mine site, which at more than five kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single-pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.