Technical Team Leader_ Java - 3 month fixed term contract - Sydney
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring.
We are currently recruiting Java - Technical Team Lead for a 3-month fixed term contract, based in Sydney.
The Application Development team is responsible for supporting the full life cycle of enhancements. As a Technical Team Lead your responsibilities include –
- Work effectively individually and with team members toward customer satisfaction and success
- Create low level design for micro services and APIs as per Westpac WDP standards.
- Experience and Knowledge of Agile and Scrum Process and coordinate with distributed teams
- Develop design documents and review technical documents from Solution Architects for projects in the credit cards and collections domain.
- Define technical user stories and track the development activities of the team members
- Lead workshops and engage stakeholders as required from onshore.
- Lead and participate in problem solving to deliver large scale change through process engineering, technology and people engagement.
- Design and build deliverables to ensure traceability of the built solution to the architectural principles and business objectives.
- Work with the Westpac credit cards solutions designers team to manage the alignment of the program’s architecture to the Bank’s Enterprise Architecture.
- Lead the technical design process coordinating the various stakeholders from business and towards an agreed solution.
- Participate in client meetings to communicate status or give demos
- Be keenly aware of timelines and budgeting to deliver in a timely manner
- Abide by team coding standards, development processes and best practices
To ensure success in the role you will possess the following skills –
- Minimum 6 years of experience as application development lead and manage complex and critical projects using J2EE, Spring, Web Services, Hibernate, APIs and Micro Services.
- 3 years of experience in technical team leader and application development using multiple technologies using Java, J2EE, Hibernate, EJB, Web Services, XML, REST, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Web Sphere and IBM FileNet 5.1
- API development and Microservices based on Westpac Digital Platform
- Good knowledge and experience in Cards and Collections domain (in Banking)
- Significant experience in application solution design and business architecture solutions in credit cards and mobile wallets (Google Pay/ Samsung Pay) and personal loans origination products.
- 6 years of experience in application development lead in credit cards and personal loans originations.
- Expertise in people management at client location.
- Should have domain knowledge in personal loans, secured car loans, android pay and mobile wallets.
- Expert in managing client relationship and managing project delivery with onshore and offshore model.
- Expert in enterprise architecture, including integration technologies using JMS, MQ, REST API and Web Services and J2EE.
- Create YAML specs for APIs
- Good understanding and experience in DevOps – CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Bamboo
- Build using Maven, Gradle tools
- Strong written and verbal communications
Compensation package from $74 900 (full-time equivalent inclusive of superannuation) and will be determined based on successful candidates relevant skills and experience.
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.