In an industry that’s constantly changing, Telstra is at the forefront of technology innovation.
Firewall Technology team are looking for Technical Expert to join their dynamic team. The role of this team is to manage the security devices of Telstra’s tier 1 and 2 clients, management of the devices includes configuration updates, incident resolution, and project implementation.
This role provides high levels of customer service that enhances Telstra’s brand which in turn expands our customer base.
Your Key responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Test and discover new technologies for customer requirements.
- Determine current market trends and direction to provide customers with best practices and solutions.
- Monitor the growth, capacity, usage, availability and security of systems.
- Manage projects to completion status for all requirements.
- Implement upgrades and apply patches to technology.
- Document all relevant facets of technology to customer requirements
- Maintain and improve relationships with customers to provide excellent service for problem resolution.
- Follow change policy and procedures for implementation.
- Conducting upgrades and modifications.
- Customer liaising of successful/unsuccessful implementation of change.
- Maintain documentation to reflect changes to technology.
- Perform high level problem determination and resolution.
- Adhere to service level agreements within customer requirements.
What you’ll bring
- Ideally you will have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in analysing, designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining a security environment.
- Strong technical background with practical experience
- Strong adherence to standards and procedures
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Demonstrated experience in -
Windows Server platform
Firewall Software: at least two of the following:
Understanding of TCP/IP and sub-netting.
Eligibility for Security Clearance
- Network Protocols and Topologies
- Basic Cisco Router Management
- Linux and Free BSD
- UNIX Shell Scripting/Coding skills
- DNS, DHCP and Proxy Services
- Palo-Alto firewalls
- Web Based Applications Infrastructure e.g. IIS, Apache
- Intrusion Detection Systems.
- VPN technologies.
- Network Design
- Blue Coat
If you're looking to take the next step in your career, then please connect with what you love and apply today!
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. This role can be performed from multiple locations across Australia. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex