A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 13,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Due to the growth of our business and an expanded portfolio of projects, an exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Technical Director (Rail) to join our team.
As part of the Transport and Resources team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating to Rail design.The primary focus of this role is to ensure the successful technical delivery of rail projects carried out by the Transport & Resources WA group.
The Technical Director will undertake design, project management and consulting services within Rail design field, in order to enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise.In addition, the successful candidate will:
- You will be responsible for determining and developing the required technical standard for outputs during the design and management of large, complex, long term projects.This will involve coordinating people, facilities and resources within tight timelines and inline with budgetary constraints;
- You will be required to assist in the development and implementation of longer term plans inline with the Arup business strategy;
- You will be required to provide technical advice to assist in the procurement of work and negotiating major contracts;
- You will be required to maintain and improve existing or new client relations and represent Arup at a high level nationally and internationally;
You will have demonstrated:
- Relevant industry experienceabout the design and operation of railways within a consulting business environment;
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership;
- Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines – and Arup’s related procedures including OH&S
With recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering or similar, you will be able to demonstrate your experience in design, project management and implementation in your field, within a consulting business environment.
You will possess demonstrated excellent attention to detail along with high-level verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, you will have proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines.The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership will be highly regarded.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, apply using the link below.
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.