IBM Software Group Lab Services – Technical Consultant – Hybrid Cloud Team
IBM Lab Services delivers expertise in innovative design, implementation, training, and support for IBM Software products. Our team of highly skilled consultants, with broad architectural knowledge and deep technical skills, are the specialists called on to deliver successful outcomes to client projects. Lab Services are the first to use new IBM Software products in the field, enabling our customers to realise expected business benefits sooner.
IBM Lab Services offer IBM customers a range of skills to ensure their complex projects are a success:
Consulting - Our skilled and knowledgeable consultants assist clients with the deployment of IBM software solutions, maximising the value of their investment and achieving or exceeding the business results they seek.
Education - We have developed a broad range of educational solutions to enable clients to understand, plan, implement, optimise, use and maintain IBM software. These solutions are delivered globally by expert instructors with real-world experience.
Premium Support - Whether clients are already using an IBM software solution or planning to implement one, we can help leverage ongoing business value from their investment. Our Premium Support Program covers the entire software infrastructure lifecycle – from planning, through deployment, growth, and optimisation, to management of upgrades and change.
IBM Australia, Software Group Services, is seeking a Graduate Hire or recent Graduate with 1 to 2 years IT industry experience to fill a role as a Technical Consultant.
The preferable location is Canberra, but in exceptional circumstances we would consider Sydney or Melbourne based individuals with the right skills fit, with the understanding the successful candidate will be required to travel to deliver work on-site with our Canberra clients.
This position is to join the A/NZ Software Services organisation as a new consultant. Its primary purpose is to aid customers in successfully deploying their integration solution based on IBM integration software (API Connect, App Connect Enterprise, DataPower, IBM MQ). The position has the following responsibilities:
- Install and configure IBM software.
- Conduct health check and recommend improvements in architecture or configuration based on IBM best practices.
- Perform integration code review based on IBM best practices.
- Design and develop integration flows using IBM software to fulfil customer’s integration requirements.
- Conduct enablement sessions on IBM software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve design and configuration issues in the customer’s environment.
- IT, Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree.
- Australian Citizenship
- Fast learner, self-starter, able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Have worked on container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiar with REST/JSON and WebService technologies.
- Strong understanding of network architecture, modern infrastructure platform, security principles, modern application architecture and cloud native technologies.
- Working knowledge in one of IBM integration software (API Connect, DataPower, App Connect Enterprise & IBM MQ) will be desirable. Otherwise, training and enablement will be provided.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.