This is a 10 months fixed term contract. This role is part of the Corporate Services Group, Information Technology Department.
Corporate Services Group is responsible for effective provision of IT function in supporting the Bank's operations and managing the Bank's properties, security and facility services.
Information Technology Department - responsible for transforming and developing the core IT functions that support the Reserve Bank's policy, operational and corporate objectives.
Provide specialized technical business analysis skills for the delivery of BI solutions to meet the data requirements of the Bank and to ensure that these are aligned with the Bank's data management governance and standards.
You would also be responsible for:
- Work collaboratively and effectively with business stakeholders and technical stakeholders to identify data requirements for business needs.
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops to determine and analyse detail business requirements.
- Document requirements and obtain timely sign off allowing design and development to commence as scheduled.
- Produce relevant documentation that are required for technical business analysis activities, for example Data On Boarding BI Plan and BI Business Requirements Document.
- Complete deliverables such as business glossary for source system data, source to target mapping and static reports (as required).
- Contribute to report testing to ensure high level and details requirements are delivered as requested by business stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse and interpret business needs.
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to present information in various forms such as textual and graphical.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis, such as data flow design and data modelling using SQL queries
- Ability to conduct workshops with a variety of stakeholders to identify requirements.
- Experience in developing data management solution, including data migration approaches.
- Experience in business requirements gathering for Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of data and metadata management, including timeseries data.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts.
- Understanding of project management methodologies.
- Experience in analysis and documentation of business and data requirements, for example specifications for reports, graphs and dashboards.
- Experience in maintaining effective working relationships with business stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience in BI tools such as Power BI, PowerView, SharePoint, Pivot Tables and Excel.
- Experience in data analytical tools such as Hadoop, Python and R.
In return, we offer you an opportunity where you can be part of a team with real opportunities to grow your career in an organisation that truly makes a difference to the Australian people. You will also have access to excellent benefits!
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.