Put your innovative thinking, technical excellence and business skills into high gear. When you join a company that’s building a better world, your opportunities are unlimited. At AECOM, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives. Every day our team is exploring new possibilities for a better world. Cleaner transportation. Healthier environments. Resilient cities. Greener infrastructure.
Our environment team helps private and public sector clients in Canberra, Australia and around the world deliver for their stakeholders while achieving compliance, promoting resilience and reducing, or eliminating, impacts and risks to our communities and our natural environment.
Reporting to the Group Director - Environment NSW & ACT, you will lead a high performing team of Environment professionals in business development, client relationship management, project delivery, timesheet and expenses approval, resource scheduling and performance management.
As the Team Leader for the ACT team, you will be part of the overall leadership team for both the NSW/ACT Environment Business Line and the Canberra Office. You will be responsible for working with and fostering relationships across the Canberra, Sydney and broader Australian team, and delivering business expectations.
Using your excellent communication skills, you will build positive relationships with peers, clients and stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation. In addition, this role will see you working closely with scientists and engineers of varying disciplines, drafters and project administrators as well subcontractors. You will be actively involved in bid development and winning bid strategies, with business development and client relationship management a key focus for the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as environmental science, engineering, geology, earth science, town/urban/environmental planning
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a consultancy environment
- Demonstrated team management experience with the ability to motivate staff to achieve high performance
- Experience working on ACT, NSW and Commonwealth Projects (preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in commercial negotiation
- Seek, evaluate, secure and deliver business opportunities within region and able to build and maintain positive, long term relationships with key and target clients
- Able to manage complex projects including preparation and supervision of all deliverables to meet contract requirements in line with project plan
- Provide technical expertise to resolve clients/project requirements and ensure maintenance of high technical standards
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 194355BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.