MinterEllison is one of Asia Pacific's leading law firms. Established in Sydney in 1827, our firm today operates in Australia, Hong Kong, mainland China, Mongolia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom through a network of integrated offices and associated offices.
We are building a culture where we collaborate, innovate and inspire each other and our clients. We take pride in being our Clients' best partner, and enjoy working within teams of professionals who share their knowledge, respect our values and support each other to achieve our collective goals.
Working in a partnership environment in a top tier law firm involves managing multiple stakeholders and working collaboratively across offices, countries and time zones.
In this role you will be working as part of a small and agile local team which is part of the broader firm-wide Talent team. In this capacity you will be responsible for championing change, help senior stakeholders lead and integrate best practices across the office whilst delivering a full range of human resource advisory, consultative and operational services to deliver to the Firm's 2020 strategic plan.
Some key aspects of your role will include:
- coaching leaders regarding people and provide advice and guidance that is both technically correct and commercially relevant
- support the Head of Talent in the provision of Talent solutions
- assist with the operation and implementation of the Firm's Talent procedures, policies and practices including performance, reward, career paths, diversity, resource planning and retention
- proactively communicate changes to law or regulation, firm policies & procedures, industry trends and contemporary talent management strategies
- develop a strong profile, network and relationships across each team and the broader firm to become a trusted business advisor
- elevate awareness, support and engagement of key strategic Talent initiatives, programs and projects
- supporting various local and national Talent projects and initiatives.
What you need
We welcome applications from people with 8+ years' relevant experience likely gained within a professional services or corporate environment. You will also have:
- strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills coupled with strong commercial acumen
- sophisticated relationship building experience, be credible, influential and professional with our senior leaders
- proven experience in executing HR strategies that contribute to meeting an organisation's objectives
- change management specialism
- excellent coaching and facilitation skills
- ability to make complex decisions to ensure the firm objectives are met within defined parameters
- relevant tertiary qualifications
What we offer
MinterEllison will support your continued development through a wide range of accessible and structured learning and development programs, mentoring from skilled and intelligent leaders, and by surrounding you with teams of great people who are happy to share their knowledge and learn from you as well.
You will also have access to a wide range of top tier employment benefits, which are designed to help you complement your lifestyle outside of work and support your professional needs. These include first class premises, facilities and support, state of the art technology, competitive salary packages, gym membership, corporate discounts, an extensive health and wellbeing program and much more!
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly, so please submit your CV and cover letter for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Sandra D'Souza on +61 8 6189 7839 for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.