Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’ sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery. As such, we are looking to engage a System Integration Managerto play a key role in the definition of the System Integration Strategy and will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Integration Plan.
- Lead and manage an engineering team to support the development and execution of the Integration Plan
- Manage the integration, block testing of incremental system releases, and continuous integration
- Provide guidance and expertise for the integration testing activities through development of strategies for testing techniques, scenario definition, execution and monitoring/reporting.
- Manage and contribute to defining, implementing the methods, tools and scenarios for assessing system performance (loading and response times) and capacities
- Supervise the installation and configuration of the system, sub-systems and products
- Engage in team member performance appraisal program, team member development plans and team coaching
- Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- High level of proficiency in System Engineering processes in aeronautic or defence projects : +10 years
- Definition of Continuous Delivery and Integration strategy and implementation with tools such as Jenkins, Travis, Octopus, Gradle, Puppet or Ansible.
- Good level of knowledge of, and experience with, Unix or Red Hat Linux Operating System
- Conversant with scripting (Shell, Perl, and/or Python) and automation tools
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.