Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’ sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery. As such, we are looking to engage a System Integration Engineer to provide support to the delivery of the Civil Military Air Traffic System solution along with the provision of guidance/assistance as required to other technical teams in regard to integration, technical and configuration matters.
- Participate in the integration, block testing of incremental system releases, and continuous integration in accordance with the schedule set by the relevant manager
- Contribute to the system configuration (branching & merging), data management, system release management and system administration
- Providing technical support and the setup of environments to developers, testers and end users especially during validation and verification activities
- Assist with defining, implementing the methods, tools and scenarios for assessing system performance (loading and response times) and capacities.
- Provide system and networking expertise useful in the design of new sub-systems, components and products.
- BEng or equivalent appropriate degree along with over 5 years’ experience in development of real time and distributed systems in Air Traffic, Rail, Marine, Aviation or related industries.
- Good level of knowledge of, and experience with, the Unix & Red Hat Linux Operating System, including Kernel configuration, driver packages, performance tuning and automation.
- Integration testing (components, internal and external interfaces, non-regression, performances, security, etc.), including design, implementation and execution.
- Experience in scripting (Shell, Perl, and/or Python)
- Binary and source level debugging techniques and tools knowledge within large and distributed network computer systems
Due to the defence nature of the project, only candidates eligible for an Australian Security Clearance will be considered for this position
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.