- We are one of the largest IT shops in Australia
- You are a Systems Engineer with experience in application/infrastructure operations and/or DevOps.
- We are the leader in technology in financial services
We offer a flexible workplace, state of the art office space and a myriad of other benefits to help you learn, grow and prosper. The Group offers a variety of employee benefits designed to support your health, lifestyle and financial wellbeing. Ranging from wellness programs, employee discounts on financial products and services, through to a wide range of salary sacrifice options, a dedicated award winning employee super fund, plus many more.
Your new team
Your team delivers the day to day operation (RUN) of the Bank’s security integration layer which is mainly web service orientated. Your team works collaboratively with all parties to:
- Achieve optimal balance between effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery
- Ensure solution/architectural changes to its managed portfolio are delivered to production environment in a low/no risk or impact manner
The team provides authorisation and authentication capabilities for customer facing services such as Netbank, CommBiz, IVR, Bankwest, CommbankApp, etc.;
Your new role provides support to your Customer Authentication and Authorisation Service Team Lead around people, process and technology – including any ad-hoc requests and reports. You will enjoy taking ownership of technical issues relating to both infrastructure and application (.NET) issues and managing the controlled environments (Staging and Production) within your allocated portfolio. You will also be responsible for ensuring SLAs and SLOs are met for the allocated systems.
Other key responsibilities include to:
- Take the lead into Continuous Improvement ideas for the immediate team and wider Online Applications teams
- Identify, communicate and initiate resolutions to known operational problems and regularly communicate operational issues to the manager and other relevant stakeholders in an agreed format
- Contribute regularly to audit of assets, configuration items and service performance
- Drive high-priority incident Conference Calls by assuming Technical Lead role and provide direction for incident resolution
- Liaise with Developers and other internal teams (e.g.: Flight Deck, Platforms, Situation Management) to drive an issue to successful resolution
- Liaise with external vendors, including but not limited to HP, TCS, HCL, Telstra, Verizon
What you will need to succeed
We expect you will be an experienced systems engineer with advanced troubleshooting skills and experience as well as sound negotiation and communication skills. Previous working experience in the finance industry or large enterprise environment with production operations exposure will help you succeed. A systems integration/development background would be highly regarded.
You will ideally possess deep experience in administrating large scale Web infrastructure environments including Microsoft Windows Server products (especially Windows Server, IIS), Redhat Linux and Thales NetHSM. A knowledge of Cassandra and Ansible will be a huge bonus.
Industry certifications in Microsoft Operating Systems and Red Hat Linux will also help you succeed (e.g. MCP, MCSE, MCITP, RHCSA, RHCE).
At Commbank, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.