Systems & Data Analyst – AML & Sanctions
- Join ASX 100 finance leader – Australia’s Most Loved Bank!
- Suits a Systems and Data Analyst with Financial experience
- Newly created role with an opportunity to make a difference
- BOQ is a flexible employer. Chat to us about what would make work ‘work’ for you!
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment. We support a flexible workplace and our head office in the trendy gasworks precinct provides a great work environment with collaborative open space.
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - MyCoach for Individuals and People Leaders
- Gym discounts and much more!
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen to make a difference in a newly created role to join a high performing AML Operations team. Your role will be responsible for supporting the systems and data analytic requirements relating to all AML/CTF and sanctions for the wider team and working closely with the relevant stakeholders. Working with the Team Leader – Systems & Data Analyst**,**the primary focus will be contributing to the development, implementation and improvement of current systems to gain efficiencies in reporting and defining controls to ensure suitable solutions are in place to mitigate risk.
Your key responsibilities
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and support of the AML Operations systems and data
- Assist in the creation of new or enhanced components and frameworks for the data environment.
- Develop appropriate process and system documentation.
- Formalise and implement controls and testing methods for the data environment.
- Interface with other parts of the team and wider business to gather requirements.
- Define data element requirements including history, timeliness and frequency of data.
- Contribute to process improvement, best practices and standards.
- Contribute to data governance processes and procedures, including business rule definition and documentation.
The successful candidate will have an extensive understanding of systems and data analytics with the drive to actively solve problems by asking the right questions, gathering data from multiple sources and bringing it together for analysis and presentation. Working autonomously, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Financial services experience with an understanding of AML, CTF and Transaction Monitoring (desirable).
- Experience in relevant programming languages (SQL, VBA, R, Python, etc.)
- Microsoft Excel – Expert user
- Problem solver with the ability to work without certainty and remain flexible
- Experience in gathering data from multiple sources to implement systems with controls in place
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (desirable)
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role with a focus on system implementation and data analytics
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links, alternatively you can view the role on our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.