$64,783 + 9.5% Superannuation
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go toworking with us at City of Melbourne
*City*of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to the Team Leader Civil Infrastructure Services, the role of the Surveillance Officer plays an integral role in supporting the delivery of the Civil Infrastructure Services Contract for the City Of Melbourne. This is one of Council’s largest contracts, delivering critical construction and maintenance operations for our city.
The primary purpose of the Surveillance Officer is to monitor designated street segments and report and record on the condition of Council’s assets, ensuring compliance with Council’s Road Management Plan and keeping our city safe and liveable. You will be responsible for undertaking programmed monitoring of Council’s assets within the nominated street segments in line in accordance with relevant guidelines, specifications and Council requirements.
To be successful you will be an effective communicator, interacting with staff within Engineering Services, and across other areas of the organisation, as well as third party organisations such as authorities, utilities and developers. You will also bring important technical skills in the field of Civil Infrastructure and an enthusiastic attitude.
Please note that interviews will be from mid January 2019
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – integrity, courage, accountability, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience in a civil or another infrastructure environment
- Ability to accurately define defects in Civil infrastructure assets (extent, category, potential causes and resolution)
- Well-developed organisational skills and proven ability to manage a variety of tasks at any one time
- Strong verbal communication skills and proven written communication skills is desirable
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Anita Johnstone, Team Leader Civil Infrastructure Contracts
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
Cityof Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe workingenvironment that embraces and valueschild safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.