Expressions of interest- Casual Pool
About the business & the role
Curtin’s Disability Services are seeking applications for a reliable note taker/scribe for a Curtin Civil Engineering undergraduate student for coursework and scribing for examinations.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the below personal attributes and have a sound knowledge within the Engineering discipline as prerequisite for this position. Ideally the successful applicant would have completed a Civil Engineering Undergraduate degree.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume and provide a brief summary as to their suitability for the role of note taker/scribe to email@example.com as application for this position.
Describe what your business does, how the role fits into your organisation and what it’s like to work at Curtin University
In this role as note taker:
- Provide a functional and comprehensive set of notes that can be used for studying purposes.
- Label notes correctly – ie. name of lecturer/tutor, title of lecture/workshop, time and date of lecture, page numbers.
- Write (or type) notes in black or blue pen.
- Where possible, include accurate details of assessments, deadlines, reading lists, statistics, authors or recommended readings and any course or room changes
- Inform the Disability Service or student if they are unable to attend a session.
- Provide all notes directly to the student as soon as possible after taking the class.
- Liaise directly with the Disability Advisor to discuss any difficulties that may arise in undertaking the note taker role.
- Present timesheets for payment on a regular basis.
In this role as scribes in examinations:
- Maintain good communication with the student and work in a manner to gain the confidence of the student.
- Transcribe the student’s answers legibly, and clearly mark the student’s details, including questions attempted and booklets used.
- Ability to keep up with what the student is communicating and ensure that they have clearly documented all that has been communicated.
- Responsibility to inform the student or Disability Service if they are unable to attend a session/examination.
You will bring to the role:
- Knowledge of Curtin University Confidentiality Guidelines
- Competence within the Engineering discipline, preferable Civil Engineering, with knowledge of relevant mathematical/engineering symbols, terminology and spelling to enable accurate recording of content.
- Must demonstrate an attitude of dignity and respect toward the student, so as to promote a positive image for the student with their peers and university staff.
- Good listening and attending skills.
- High level English language, spelling and writing
- Punctuality and reliability in attending nominated sessions/examinations.
- Previous experience note taking/scribing preferable
What we offer you:
The salary ranges presented are those which are contained within the University's Enterprise Agreements; as are the employee benefits which include employer superannuation contribution at the rate of the current Government Superannuation Guarantee amount up to 17 percent, study assistance, a comprehensive salary packaging and wellness programs and flexible and family friendly work practices.
Valuing Diversity and Affirmative Action
Curtin University embraces diversity and inclusion and invites applications from women, men and intersex individuals who share the University's values, ethics, international outlook, value diversity and have an informed respect for indigenous people. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace, therefore, if you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process. All personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.