Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Mining Supervisor reporting to the Mining Superintendent, you will work collaboratively towards delivering best practice and high-quality production solutions and results.
Thiess strongly supports a culture of recognition, leadership development and a stimulating and satisfying work environment. This role is located at our Lake Vermont mine, located outside of Dysart in Central Queensland. The role offers a 7/7 roster, a competitive remuneration package and other company benefits.
Some of your duties will include:
- Actively seeking continuous improvement
- Supervise a large mining crew to safely and effective deliver production results
- Co-ordination of dispatch personnel and crew allocations
- Understanding of and effective execution of modular mining processes
- Effective inspection and reporting processes
- Appropriate training practices for mining crews
What skills and experience do you need?
- Open-cut coal mining experience in a similar role
- Qualifications that support your success within the coal mining industry
- Proven leadership experience
- Excellent communication, approachability and motivational qualities
- Strong attention to detail
7/7 Roster starting on a Wednesday with Full Camp Facilities available
When do you need to apply?
Please send your application by Sunday 26th March 2018.
Thiess is an international organisation with a diverse workforce enriched by an inclusive work environment, accessible to all. We leverage the diversity of our workforce to continually innovate and deliver world class projects for our clients. Thiess encourages applications from people who contribute to our diverse workforce and align with our cultural values.