We currently have an exciting opportunity for a high performing professional to join the leadership team at our Mining Area C mine site in the Pilbara. This is a pivotal role in leading the onsite Fixed Plant Department to ensure the planning and safe execution of production /maintenance activities. As an effective leader, you will be responsible for developing and building the capability of your team. You will lead the team to operate in a climate of continuous improvement, being accountable and ensuring that all work is aligned with business critical success factors.
Reporting to the Manager Fixed Plant, your key accountabilities will include:
- Positively influence and shape the work culture to ensure a safe, productive, quality, sustainable and disciplined approach to work
- Develop business plans consistent with site strategies/ plans and implement within the Fixed Plant area
- Set and communicate targets and expectations aligned with the site and Fixed Plant Department goals and BHP Iron Ore values
- Lead, coach and mentor employees to ensure an engaged, inclusive and diverse culture, where everyone is motivated to their full potential
- Managing performance targets and plans aligned with the business processes
- Improve productivity and disciplined application of the BHP Operating Model, and its standards, processes and systems
- Monitor compliance against SHE policies, procedures and systems through an effective audit process
You will be a seasoned professional with strong communication, negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills and a passion for leading, mentoring and coaching teams including staff at supervisory level. A Diploma in Frontline Management and qualification in Six Sigma is favourable but not essential.
You will have a proven track record of safety management, continuous improvement, and a working knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations. Experience in Reliability Centred Maintenance program implementation and large-scale materials handling or ore processing operations is highly desirable but not essential. A C class manual drivers licence is mandatory for this role.
Location You will be based at our ‘Mining Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 5/2 4/3 9/5 roster. Our Mining Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.