About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia.
Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
- 12 Month Fixed Term contract
- Great Leadership opportunity based at Brookfield Place
- BHP Nickel West actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Female and Indigenous applicants to apply
- Accounting/Finance/Commerce Degree qualified (CPA / CA is preferred).
- At least 5 to 10 years experience in Financial Accounting and Taxation.
- Demonstrated expertise across a broad range of taxation compliance and advisory issues.
- Demonstrated expertise in Accounting Standards and Balance Sheet management.
- Experience with Sarbles Oxley and internal control framework is beneficial
- Experience with SAP and Tax Integrator.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team.
In addition, you will have energy and enthusiasm, thrive under a dynamic and energetic work environment and have the capacity to proactively work under pressure and meet deadlines. As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Nickel West Perth – Brookfield Place Nickel West – Perth operates from City Square located in the heart of the Perth CBD. The building itself reflects the latest thinking in corporate workplace design and facilities with the centerpiece of the development being a 45 storey tower which is home to the other BHP group of companies in Western Australia.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.