At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.As part of the Western Australian Iron Ore Maintenance team, you will be responsible for overseeing the supervision of operations and maintenance activities associated with our HV network. Reviewing plant, equipment safety and performance, along with operating and maintenance practises, to ensure optimum reliability/availability at all times.
We are seeking a diverse and talented individual to take on the role of Superintendent Electrical Infrastructure residentially in Port Hedland or FIFO from Perth on a 5,2,4,3 roster.
Your duties will include:
- Maintaining a high profile in the promotion of safe working conditions and practises so as to ensure a safe working environment for all employees and contractors
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Ensuring site compliance with all Electrical statutory legislation and internal policies
- Ensuring the reliable and cost effective transmission of High Voltage Power to the Port Operation
- Initiate and facilitate formal Management of Change Process for WAIO Maintenance Engineering Assets
- Identify chronic and sporadic equipment failures; investigate the root cause and required improvements and implement actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure all HV Transmission/Distribution secondary systems are managed in accordance with BHPB procedures, industry best practice and relevant regulatory requirements
- Participate in the weekly pre-planning, planning and scheduling meetings to ensure alignment and commitment of resources to the work schedule
- Review work execution performance with team members, identify gaps and take corrective action as necessary to improve performance
- Monitor the progress of jobs to ensure timely action is taken and priority jobs are being addressed
- Prepare monthly reports, summarizing major issues and KPIs applicable to the Maintenance section
As the successful candidate you will ideally possess the following attributes:
- Degree qualification in an Electrical Engineering discipline or an Electrical Trade Background with approx. 5 years’ experience
- Outstanding relationship building and engagement skills
- The ability to work autonomously
- Prioritizing and delegating skills. Establish clear goals and responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with 1SAP and Microsoft software would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of MSIA & Regulatory requirements about electrical safety on mine sites or the OHS Act would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to influence with credibility able to encourage buy-in and commitment at all levels
- The ability to develop solutions that account for uncertainty and reduce risk
- Show passion for, and be engaged in your work
- Strong practical experience relevant to management and or supervision of electrical work in mining or a related industry would be an advantage
- Contract management experience in maintenance (or operations) would be an advantage
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.