At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are currently seeking highly-motivated individuals to join BHP Mitsui Coal (BMC) in Superintendent Improvement roles. In this site based role, you will champion the Continuous Improvement process, support the momentum of improvement initiatives, and be a steward of the BMC Operating System philosophy in order to create value and drive sustainable outcomes. There are two newly created permanent full-time roles available, with one based at Poitrel and the other at South Walker Creek.
Reporting into BMC’s central Analysis & Improvement function and the respective site General Managers, these roles will see you utilising your strong engagement and influencing skills to propel others on the Continuous Improvement journey. You will encourage – and be encouraged – to think “outside-of-the-box” and drive an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Champion the Continuous Improvement process, including the methodology and quality
- Support the momentum of improvement initiatives through the process
- Act as a conduit for internal (BHP) and external (industry) improvement initiatives at site
- Facilitate site and broader community Idea Generation Sessions to ensure a pipeline of quality initiatives for site
- Establish strong working relationships and promote the Continuous Improvement culture and mindset
- Work with the General Manager and Site Leadership Team to ensure site efforts are focused on the “right” initiatives
- Be a steward of the BMC Operating System philosophy across site and ensure alignment of priorities
The successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate capability for diverse thinking, perspectives, and mindsets. As such, a mining and resources background is not required, and we welcome diverse industry backgrounds and experience to apply for these roles. Due to the extensive level of site and community engagement required for this role, candidates would be expected to reside in the Mackay / Moranbah region or be willing to travel on a regular basis to site.
To be successful you will demonstrate the following:
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to influence outcomes
- Be a thought leader with the ability to “connect the dots” and work with ambiguity
- Creativity in problem solving whilst finding practical solutions
- Experience in taking ideas from concept to value realisation, including business case development and execution
- The ability to effectively coach stakeholders on the use of appropriate improvement tools, processes, and systems to identify opportunities that ultimately unlock value and eliminate hazards, waste, and variability
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work flexibly and autonomously
- A positive “can-do” attitude
Your personality, capability, and practical experience will be embraced to drive a new level of Continuous Improvement performance. The team is waiting for you!At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.