Are you passionate about building innovative technology solutions?   Are you looking for opportunities to partner with developers?   Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the newest Microsoft technologies?   Are you looking for a technical role with high impact and high career growth opportunities?
Commercial Software Engineering is looking for an engineer with a passion for technology, to help our customers solve their most complex technical challenges.
Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) works with the world’s leading companies to solve their hardest technical challenges, accelerate technology adoption, and drive engineering excellence.   From machine learning, to advanced AI, global scale compute, IoT, through to Mixed Reality experiences.   Our team lives ahead of the curve, and leads the way for our customers.
CSE ANZ works closely with companies across Australia and New Zealand.   And as part of a global team, we also support engagements across the Asia region and globally.   We work with startups, through to the worlds largest companies.
We ship when we share.   The impact of our work goes beyond the technical engagements, to when we share our expertise and learning from those engagements with a broader global community.   Presenting at meetups or conferences, developing open source projects, or working closely with the product engineering teams to close the loop.
You can demonstrate your deep technical knowledge.   You have an area of specialization, and are known for it.   You also have strong engineering skills and discipline that can be applied across a broad set of technical challenges.
You have a passion for technology.   You love working with customers and solving technical challenges, and create influential relationships with partners by helping them solve their most complex technical problems.
You can lead small teams on customer engineering engagements.   You will be able to run technical envisioning workshops, architect solutions, and drive teams on sprints.
Most importantly, you are a strong collaborator.   You will be able to demonstrate a history of working across technical teams, and business groups.   You leverage others to learn and grow, and you also mentor and build up others around you.   You understand that you are stronger with others, and embrace it.
The candidate will need to demonstrate deep technical knowledge necessary to build leading-edge applications and solutions in partnership with top-tier software vendors and customers.   The candidate will have the technical expertise and problem-solving skills to build strong, influential relationships with partners by helping them solve their most complex technical problems. As part of the role, the candidate will need to work closely with other engineering groups, provide partner feedback. The candidate will also engage with partners to chart their applications’ architectural direction and develop the resulting solutions. Based on their deep expertise developing this software, the candidate will present at top industry events.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for
•      Leading teams on technical engagements with customers
•      Leveraging area of technical specialization to drive customer engagements and technology adoption
•      Drive high level engineering quality on engagements
•      Create collateral to drive learning from technical engagements – Documentation, internal or external blog posts, open source samples
•      Identify opportunities to develop reusable engineering patterns on customer engagements
•      Collaborate with others to provide consolidated feedback to engineering from engagements
•      Identify ongoing customer opportunities around your technical specialty based on customer engagements and industry insight
•      Strong knowledge of application development practices and work closely with program management team
•      Share specialist skills and knowledge across CSE
•      Share trends experienced from customer engagements and evangelism motions
•      Actively contribute to the technical working group meetings across the region in your area of specialty
•      Present at Microsoft events and tier 1 industry events
•      Develop deep relationships with local influencers and recognized community leaders
•      Minimum of 5 years of software development experience.
The ideal candidate will also have:
•      Demonstrated deep technical developer capabilities in OSS or Microsoft technologies
•      A deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, and emerging trends
•      Demonstrated ability to influence cross-discipline virtual teams
•      Great communication and presentation skills including public speaking at industry events
•      Broad functional knowledge base to solve complex customer problems
•      A sense of commitment to end-to-end product or service quality, completeness and the resulting user experience for the life of products and services
•      Strong knowledge of application development practices and a track record of working closely with large development teams
•      Exceptional decision-making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through with customers and partners
•      BS/BA degree, Masters in Computer Science preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.