AECOM has an exciting opportunity for an experienced
Sr. Generalist , Human Resources to join the OASIS contract in Australia. The Sr. Generalist, Human Resources, works directly for the Human Resources Manager in managing all employee related activities for employment to include employee relations and benefits administration. The selected candidate assists in the investigation of employee complaints and disputes: documents findings and recommends disciplinary action and/or appropriate resolution; implements resolution as approved by senior level personnel; provides guidance, support, and counsel to employees on defined employee relations issues, and escalate resolution to senior level personnel as appropriate; assists in conducting termination interviews, identifies potential employee relations issues, reporting findings and recommends action; assists in administering employee relations programs, policies, and procedures ensuring compliance with all legal regulations and their uniform application throughout the organization; update employee files to document personnel actions and provide information for payroll and other uses; examine employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons; complete Personal Change Form (PCA) to reflect accurate employee status; process all employment verifications, garnishments, child support orders, and unemployment requests to include participation in hearings; handle benefit administration to include Health, Dental, FSA and 401K; conduct enrollment presentations and materials; conduct new hire orientation as employees arrive at the work location; and conduct exit interviews.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Human Resources in a large, complex organization.
- Bachelors Degree in HR, Business, Social or other Sciences, or Organization Development or equivalent is required.
- Skills should include a proven ability of handling sensitive Employee Relations issues, and familiarity with HR practices, processes and systems.
- Must have strong negotiation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have experience handling multiple projects simultaneously, and working in an environment which requires flexibility, innovation, superb customer service skills, and organization.
- Must have experience delivering effective presentations and training material to a variety of audiences.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and HR best practices.
- Ability to understand and apply federal, state and local changes to and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to human resources.
- Experience with EEO/Affirmative Action Plans.
- Experience with STD, LTD, FMLA and COBRA Administration.
- Extensive knowledge of employment law, federal and state laws as they relate to employment/HR practices.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to obtain a secret U.S. security clearance.
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification.
- Active, fully adjudicated TS/SCI w/poly is preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Job Category Administrative Support / Secretarial
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 191181BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.