Surround yourself with people who are passionate about cloud computing and believe that extraordinary support is critical to customer success. We are the Azure Customer Experience (CXP) team - a fast growing Engineering team of customer-obsessed individuals seeking engineers that enjoy solving complex problems and working with customers to improve the Azure customer experience.
We are fundamentally changing how we deliver world-class support to our top Azure customers, and building a new global support and operations team to do it.We are looking for acustomer-obsessed Senior Azure Cloud Engineer (ACE) to help us reinvent customer support for our largest customers.
- Directly support our top Azure customers and resolve critical and complex technical issues in a 24x7x365 global support delivery team. Take your deep technical and product expertise, and combine it with your understanding of our customer’s needs to solve their complex business challenges.
- Ability to quickly identify customer issues to specific Azure Services or Azure Platform; and being able to conduct in-depth diagnostics on Azure platform and services.
- Work with Azure engineering teams to not only support, but deliver solutions and new capabilities for our customers most mission critical Azure deployments. Relentlessly champion and advocate for our customers in representing their issues to engineering teams and be a change agent to develop innovative ways to resolve their issues. Being encourage by the team around you to go above and beyond to delight the customer.
- Apply an engineering mindset to eliminate top issues impacting customer experience across large and strategic sets of customers. As a member of the product engineering team you will use your engineering skills to improve Azure, based on customer feedback and insights gained while supporting them.
- Build new tools and automation to solve customer problems. You will also develop tools and scripts to automate troubleshooting and diagnostics activities.
- Contribute in forums and develop self-help documentation and quick "How To" videos
- Participate in recruiting and ramping up a global support team for our top customers
- Coach/mentor new hires.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer scenarios that span across multiple Azure services
- Develop and present training. Help establish a real-time readiness model for the team by constantly updating training & readiness content as the cloud technology evolves.
- Act as a technical escalation point within the team
- Work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
5+ years in a Technical position
Desired B.S./B.A. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies.
Passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience.
Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment
Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience onone or moreof the following domains:
Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking
Data Platform: SQL, Azure DB
Application development & debugging experience: C/C++/C#, Python, Node.JS, etc.
Azure Application Development or support experiences with Azure PaaS services (Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.)
Website troubleshooting & coding experience: IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, etc.
Bigdata: HDInsight/Hadoop, Machine Learning, Azure Stream Analytics
Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD etc.
Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, OpenSource)
Security Clearance: TTS/SCI or higher level security clearance is highly desirable.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.