- Provided day to day availability and maintenance of the Fleet Management, Wireless Telemetry and Control Systems, Network, Long-Term Evolution (LTE), Server, Infrastructure, Digital Radio along with Desktop and Meeting Room support
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support teams to resolve priority issues
- Develop and maintain Technology technical standards
- Completes assigned tasks to work/service order (ESM and 1SAP)
- Optimises the collaboration within a team to support the effective execution of Technology
- Ensure a safe system of work is in place for each activity and report events and hazards where necessary
To be successful in this role, you will have experience working in a large-scale processing plant or heavy industry operation and ideally possess detailed knowledge of tasks related to maintaining technology processing and mining equipment. You will be multi-skilled across communications and electronics and can interpret and read maintenance plans and technical information.
Familiarity with SAP and ServiceNow (or similar ITSM systems) is advantageous, as are ITIL or CCNA certifications. Your oral and written communication skills will be well developed, and you can prioritise effectively in a high-pressure environment. A proven track record of safety management and a C class driver’s license are mandatory for this role. At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.