At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are seeking a Specialist Site Systems to join the Goonyella Riverside Mine team based residentially in Moranbah, QLD to support to the Site Leadership team in the development and maintenance of processes and procedures that make up the site Safety and Health Management System (SHMS), Risk Management Framework, and Site Training Scheme.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Governance of our SHMS, risk management and compliance framework processes, ensuring the integrity of our core document framework.
- Proposing and leading initiatives to ensure legal compliance with the QLD Coal Mining Safety and Health legislation.
- Support site leaders as they translate safety management systems in to day to day reality.
- Develop strong working relationships with our key stakeholders including Legal, Health, Safety & Environment, Training and Risk teams.
- Lead and have involvement in internal and external audits.
- Support the Site Systems Superintendent and team to drive compliance, training and reporting initiatives that positively influence the safety culture and performance of the site.
To be successful you will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Risk Management, Occupational Health & Safety (OHS), or Law, with a minimum qualification of Diploma in OHS with experience in mining related safety compliance.
- Ability to understand legislative and procedural requirements and translate them into documented systems for practical application.
- Strong communication, influencing and coaching skills that support you building relationships at all levels of the business.
- A proactive approach in identifying issues coupled with the confidence to generate and put forward creative solutions.
- Strong computer skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- A personable and professional approach with people at all levels of an organisation.
- A strong ability to organise and manage competing demands and priorities.
- Hands on operational and site experience in Queensland Coal Mining will be viewed favourably.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.