- Develop, coordinate and standardise the geological reconciliation processes to better understand the value of improvements and the accuracy of resource knowledge
- Governance of geological reconciliation processes and drive best practice and improvement
- Increase confidence in key activities across the mine value chain, in the stated Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves, the associated mine plans, and the ability to achieve targets and objectives
- Manage the activities required to deliver geological reconciliations as in accordance to BHP Standards and guidelines
- Provide reconciliation expertise, advice and training to the geoscience sub-function
- Manage internal and external audit of geological reconciliation results.
You will have a tertiary education in Geoscience, Metallurgy or Process Mineralogy or similar. Your ability to manage, process and interpret multiple data sets and present the outcomes to a diverse audience will ensure your success in this role. You will possess excellent relationship building skills, coupled with a high level of motivation, results-orientation and the ability to work as part of a team. Experience in coal mining, Geological modelling software, resource estimation, and geological reconciliations is preferred but not essential.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. #LIQLD