At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Based in our Brisbane office, the Specialist Logistics Scheduling role delivers the logistics railing schedule within the timeframe of Week +1 to Week +12. This role provides an executable schedule that optimises supply chain throughput, to the Logistics Week 0 team for execution, and internal and external logistics providers.
Duties to include:
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding planned railing activities in the scheduling horizon (Week +1 to Week + 12).
- Develop and submit rail orders for Week +1.
- Lead the scheduling forecast process with rail service providers.
- Interpret and apply the CAAC scheduling calendar and pathing summary.
- Carries out scheduling activities in systems including SAP.
- Engage with Service providers to identify and quantify supply chain constraints.
- Liaise with peers within the Logistics, Marketing and Integrated Planning teams to establish and deliver on coal chain, customer, and infrastructure priorities.
You will be someone who has had experience in rail scheduling and planning. You will be someone who is action-oriented and are able to lead stakeholder engagement and communication to underpin successful plan delivery. Ideally you will be Brisbane based or willing to relocate.
- Experience or working knowledge of the Goonyella, Blackwater or Newlands rail networks is essential.
- Experience with MES level/planning and scheduling systems and or 1SAP.
- Experience in quantitative or qualitative improvement methodologies.
- Strong understanding of the rail industry and experience in rail coordination, planning and scheduling in Queensland.
- Formal Qualification in Logistics Management an advantage.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date. We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.