At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.About The Role
Reporting to the Superintendent, Contract Performance within WA Iron Ore Maintenance, your previous experience will support you as the Subject matter expert in the operational performance management of services contractors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group and Business Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Proactive operational contractor management of WAIO Maintenance contracts
- Ensure Contractor has aligned HSE management system and processes
- Support Contract Owner and Supply Representative with the management of operational issues as required
- Gather and analyse contract operational data from both internal systems and external sources for evaluation of performance
- Coordinate periodic contractor performance review meetings
- Business analysis and benchmarking related to services categories and portfolio.
- Field leadership on site with regular site visits
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
As the successful candidate, you will ideally possess some of the following or be interested in developing the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in; Commerce/Economics, Law, Engineering and/or similar are desirable
- Operational Contractor management experience is highly desirable
- Understanding of scoping services contract and allocation of risk between Contractor and Principal
- Sound understanding of contract terms and conditions and familiarisation of basic Contract Law
- Proficiency across Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word (Competent) and Excel
- Proficiency with Business Management Systems/Procure to Pay processes (preferably SAP) and Contract Management/Supplier Relationship Management packages
- Strong Commercial acumen and financial literacy
- Proven ability to influence mutually beneficial outcomes through effective Stakeholder management
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Exposure to business safety management systems and/or processes
- Ability to work with a diverse and inclusive team
- Developing and maintaining customer and vendor relationships.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Reference – 68606
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia