- Join ASX 100 finance leader – Australia’s Most Loved Bank!
- Suit Category Manager with stakeholder management experience
- High performing and collaborative team
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Specialist Category Manager to join the team.
The Specialist Category Manager will be responsible for the procurement category management, sourcing and contract management of categories including Categories include Professional Services, Consulting, Legal, Logistics.
The objective of the position will be to deliver strategic sourcing solutions that maximise value, manage risk, improve efficiencies and ensure quality.
Key outcomes include:
- Be a role model for Optimum Category Management across the team
- Actively Manage your category from spend analysis to supplier panel, to payment terms to invoice numbers
- Design and implement the category strategy in conjunction with your stakeholder
- Negotiate, execute and maintain agreements with third party vendors in line with the category strategy and the Group Procurement Policy
- Ensure all vendors are compliant with the Group Vendor Management Framework
- Achieve yearly savings targets
- Build excellent stakeholder relationships with business stakeholders across category
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to build positive working relationships internally and externally, yet retain necessary credibility and influence to ensure suitable level of impartiality that ensures the best outcome for the Bank
- Experience in overseeing all aspects of the procurement process including, but not limited to pre-qualification of potential suppliers, proposal evaluation including complex pricing analysis, -negotiation of high dollar/high complexity contracts/agreements
- Strong Relationship and stakeholder management experience across all levels
- Continuously improve outcomes and update knowledge base through industry and peer benchmarks.
- Strong understanding of Pro-active and strategic Category Management
- Extensive knowledge of various types of pricing structures as well as associated contract terms, conditions, and legal ramifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams chartered to maximize the value of purchased goods and services in accordance with business line specifications, while mitigating risk
- Able to influence win/win business outcomes across Bank
- Ability to work autonomously without significant guidance
- Strategy development and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
BOQ culture and benefits
Work for one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and our head office in the trendy gasworks precinct provides a great work environment with collaborative open space. Benefits include;
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply?
To apply for this role please follow the links, alternatively you can view the role on our Careers Page, https://boq-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce.
Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact you if short-listed for an interview.