The CGO Modern Workplace Sales team is part of the WW Commercial Growth organization and has the charter to build the foundation for scaling the Microsoft 365 business worldwide in FY18 and beyond. Microsoft 365 is a strategic Cloud Service for our company and key growth engines for Microsoft’s Enterprise Business globally. The WW EPG Productivity Sales team is composed of “Global Black Belt” (GBB) solution specialists who are responsible for selling the Modern Workplace platform (O365, EMS, Windows and Devices) to our Enterprise Commercial and Public Sector customers in a direct sales model while partnering closely with account teams in the field.
Competing to win is what being a Compete Global Black Belt is all about. Compete GBBs are experts in understanding how to compete and win against the stack of competitors across our Windows and Devices platform.
Competing to win is what being a Compete Global Black Belt is all about. Compete GBBs are experts in understanding how to compete and win against the stack of competitors across the E5 Suite and the Office 365 productivity platform. In this role the Compete GBB is on point for:
- Ensuring Microsoft wins the biggest, must-have, strategic sales deals vs. our core competitors (including but not limited to Google)
- Codifying competitive insights from key deals to share learnings worldwide as best practices
- Partnering with senior corporate and engineering leaders to provide customer insights which evolve Microsoft’s Cloud offerings
- Driving, coordinating, managing and communicating progress to field and WW EPG leadership relative to key competitive threats
Educating our GBB and field sellers so that they may grow both their skills and confidence specific to competitive pursuit
- Engaging with Microsoft’s senior management roles in the field and at corporate to help drive alignment to deliver results.
- Scaling sales opportunity engagement through the rest of the GBB teams
- Growth Hacking by constructively seeking out opportunities for improvement, solving problems working with stakeholders
Candidates should have a minimum of 10+ years of experience in IT/BDM sales and/or consulting in the Enterprise Demonstrable skills in the following areas are critical:
- Deep competitive knowledge and a thorough understanding of the development of winning sales strategies
- Experience leading multi-million-dollar deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing and legal team members - competitive Selling experience required (Google, AWS, Etc.)
- Experience in Selling or managing IT infrastructure especially for Virtual / remote desktop
- Preferred experience with Chromebook and/ or Apple devices
- Well developed “influence and impact" competency and an ability to influence change without direct organizational authority
- Demonstrated leadership through effective coaching of field sales teams across management and Individual Contributors
- Demonstrated experience in selling to global/multi-national companies
- Demonstrated ability to step in and take control of highly competitive and tense situations in collaboration with local sellers to set strategy and lead or support the team as needed.
- Strategic leadership combined with strong ability to execute and drive for results in ambiguous environment; confident executive engagement and communication to C-level
- Ability to engage back towards corporate functions to resolve either internal or external blockers to drive sales and market growth,
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.