Locations: This role could be based in Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Then come to Microsoft -- Together we will make a difference.
The Services Solution Specialist (SSSP) is a key advisor to Microsoft’s Strategic, Enterprise & Global customers. You would posses a comprehensive understanding and experience of Modern Workplace solutions, and the challenges customers face as cloud and emerging technologies enable digital transformation of their organization. Your ability to develop and close opportunities that deliver Modern Workplace Solutions is key.
This role offers incredible opportunity to accelerate your career by driving business impact that can change the future.
Modern Workplace Leadership. Present clear vision & plan for identifying, driving & closing Modern Workplace Opportunities
- Ensure holistic customer planning that will increase Microsoft’s share of wallet through Modern Workplace projects and advisory services
- Work with the Account Executive (AE) to leverage knowledge from the Account Team Unit (ATU) and Specialist Team Unit (STU), to ensure alignment with the overall account strategy and identify leads to develop Modern Workplace opportunities
- Work with the Enterprise Services Account Executive (SE) for Services team planning. Where there is no SE coverage, orchestrate and drive planning for the Enterprise Services account-aligned team, including Account Delivery Executives (ADEs), Technical Account Managers (TAMs) and Digital Advisors (DAs), balancing both sales and delivery priorities
Execution. Enable customers to realize desired outcomes through Modern Workplace projects and advisory services
- Qualify, sell and close Modern Workplace opportunities, intentionally driving Digital, Services & Success (DSS) solutions, leveraging the Services Portfolio
- Orchestrate sales & delivery success through the Account Executive (AE), Services account-aligned resources & pursuit leads
- Meet or exceed your revenue and priority targets, ensuring you execute in accordance with prescribed Microsoft methods, processes and policies.
Key Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Education Required:
- Proven sales success and expertise in selling Modern Workplace solutions
- Modern Workplace specific subject matter expertise
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Executes recognized sales methods, processes and tools
- Sales and business background, with 5-10+ years of technology-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree with exposure to Information Technology (or equivalent)
A successful candidate would have the following attributes:
Digital Transformation Driver
Engage Business & Technical Decision Makers (BDMs & TDMs)
Demonstrate thought leadership & insight
Drive the customer's understanding of the value of Enterprise Services
Solution Area Expert
Create strong cases for customer change
Translate Enterprise Services go to market approaches & solutions into customer business impact
Articulate Modern Workplace subject matter expertise & challenges
Differentiate Dynamics Business Applications specific competitor solutions
Position end to end lifecycle customer solutions
Orchestrate deal success, owning the opportunity from “lead” to “order”
Collaborating with the Enterprise Operating Unit to ensure a “One Microsoft” Customer experience
Solution Area Hunter
Hunt for new Dynamics Business Applications specific opportunities
Work in partnership across multiple solution area v-teams
Reliably meet or exceed revenue & deal accountabilities
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.