The Project GBB has the charter to expand the footprint of “Microsoft’s Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) cloud services
The WW Productivity Sales team is part of the WCB organization and has the charter to build the foundation for scaling the Microsoft Online productivity business worldwide in FY18 and beyond. The WW Productivity Sales team is composed of “Global Black Belt” (GBB) solution specialists who are responsible for selling Office 365 and related products to our Enterprise Commercial customers in a direct sales model while partnering closely with account teams in the field and with engineering teams.
The Project GBB has the charter to expand the footprint of “Microsoft’s Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) cloud services, which are part of Modern Workplace (and Office 365) platform environment. Our PPM Cloud services comprise of multiple offerings representing a key growth engine for Microsoft’s Enterprise business globally.
The overall sales team is composed of “Global Black Belt” (GBB) solution specialists who are responsible for selling PPM cloud services and as required secure major strategic on premises win for our Enterprise, and Public Sector customers in a direct sales model while working closely with account teams and strategic partners in the field. The Project GBB will hold the responsibility to develop, nurture and manage an efficient cloud selling ecosystem of partners for significant sell through revenue leverage.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
- Transformational sales leadership is what being a Project Global Black Belt is all about. Project GBBs are at the forefront of driving Microsoft’s Project and Portfolio Management strategy and on point for:
- Leading our Project and Portfolio Management solutions sales strategy, achieving revenue, unit, and consumption attainment against targets
- Identifying, advancing and closing Project and Portfolio Management opportunities as the primary quota owner in the territory/region
- Serving as “executive-in-residence” in the identified territory to advocate for the value of the offerings with the territory field sellers and their management
- Engaging directly with Microsoft’s Enterprise (EPG) subsidiary/district leadership and account teams to profile, segment and prioritize the business.
- Engaging with Microsoft’s senior management roles in the field and at corporate to help drive alignment to deliver results.
- Partnering with Strategic Solutions Provider Partners and other Microsoft field resources to ensure we are best positioning our differentiated Modern workplace value through Project and Portfolio Management
- Developing and sharing best practices to drive pipeline velocity and compelling events to close.
- Leveraging the “Customer Success Framework” (CSF) as a subject matter expert and assisting the local Account Team and Specialist Team Unit & STU resources in developing their own skills/readiness.
Who we’re looking for…
Candidates should have experience in IT sales and/or consulting in the Enterprise segment, deep insight across Enterprise software with knowledge of the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) business, SaaS/PaaS/Cloud, partner and IT services functions.
Ideally, the candidate should have experience in the Enterprise Software relating to Cloud/ Hosting/ SaaS space including related sales processes, customer and partner requirements and be familiar with Microsoft’s Enterprise field roles and challenges. Demonstrable skills in the following areas are critical:
- Demonstrated successful C-level consultative selling experience
- Demonstrated ability to step in and take control of highly competitive and tense situations in collaboration with local sellers
- Strategic leadership combined with strong ability to execute and drive for results in ambiguous environment; confident executive engagement and communication to C-level
- 10+ years of business development experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically about business problems
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrable track record of results overachieving quotas
- Deep competitive knowledge and a thorough understanding of the development of winning sales strategies
- Travel throughout the geography will be required, which is expected to be a minimum of 50% of your time.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.