As Solution Architect your primary purpose will be to plan, justify, communicate, and govern initiatives that improve the capability and reduce the total cost of ownership of the HFC network. In order to achieve this you will help develop the network technology plan for HFC, incorporating new ideas for network capability across the business and creating business cases for network engineering sponsored initiatives.
Furthermore, as Solution Architect you will participate in the SEO delivery process as service/product owner to facilitate delivery of the required solutions, collaborating effectively with other Network Engineering Architects, as well as wider business engineering, design and product teams.
A bit about your role
- Working as product owner inside SEO to ensure that capacity, performance, lifecycle and TCO capabilities are delivered as per the Network Technology Plan.
- Process improvement of the design governance processes for HFC Engineering.
- Support the HFC Engineering teams to manage the introduction of new features, feature requests and end of life issues through reviews of new requests and solution collateral.
- Development of the nbn Network Technology Plan.
- Engagement with nbn stakeholder groups for feedback on the suitability of the Network Technology plan, ensuring that stakeholders possess a clear understanding of how the HFC architecture will change over time and the benefits to capacity and performance that it will bring.
A bit about you
To be successful in the role of Solution Architect you should possess the following Skills/Experience:
- Previous experience working in a Solution Architect or Senior Business Analyst capacity for an enterprise organisation within the Telecoms industry.
- Recent experience working within an Agile team, ideally using a framework such as SAFe.
- The ability to engage a range of different stakeholder groups and obtain consensus and agreement on solution architecture and solution designs.
- Capable of presenting solution architecture to an audience in a formal setting, tailoring content to suit audiences with different levels of technical capability.
- Previous experience creating business justifications for large initiatives, including financial analysis.
Life at nbn
At nbn you’ll be joining a team that believes there is strength in diversity and opportunity through inclusion. We’re building an inclusive and diverse workplace where different perspectives, thinking and skills are valued and people are supported to achieve their potential. We’re committed to our goal of increasing the presence of women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the business and have a focus on increasing diversity amongst our leadership teams.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
nbn is a fast moving organisation with lots to deliver - so we may not always wait until the job ad expires before reviewing applications. As a result, you should submit your application as soon as possible!
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.