At DCC, we’re about making the world a better place to work. As such, we want to be the best team, made up of a diverse mix of amazing people, who all bring a unique set of skills.
We care about our work, and we care about each other.
The things we value in software development are Agility, Learning, Quality, Respect, and Fun.
As a Software Engineer at DCC, you are directly responsible for, and take a shared ownership of our products. You will be involved with the inception, planning, building, and running of our websites and associated systems, and ultimately responsible for their success.
The DCC Story
After spending 10 years in the tech industry, Gemma Lloyd and Valeria Ignatieva knew there had to be a better way for women to identify the employers which weren’t the typical “boys club” environments.
In February 2015, DCC Jobs was born. DCC is improving workplaces for women and connecting only the best employers with top talent.
We have experienced tremendous growth in a short amount of time and our incredible clients include Atlassian, CBA, AustralianSuper, BHP, Caltex, Xero and NAB to name a few.
DCC is doing what no other job platform has done before. We have influenced employers to lift the bar when it comes to creating supportive workplaces for women. They have increased paid parental leave, closed gender pay gaps and increased the number of women in leadership.
We have big plans for the future and looking for people who are driven and are passionate about the change we are driving to join our team.
Our Tech Stack
We’re building in .NET Core, React, Postgres, Docker, Linux, Python, and a little bit of Node. Throw in a bit of Terraform for managing and deploying infrastructure. That said, we believe that good engineers can jump tech stacks relatively easily.
We’re also a remote first team, so tools like Slack, Zoom, GitHub, and Trello are where we meet.
How You'll Be Contributing
- Planning, designing, and developing features and capabilities for DCC websites and other products to deliver on our shared business goals.
- Maintain a high level of software quality and discipline in your craft. We are still a “startup” and things move quickly, and that means they can change quickly. Your code and our systems need to accommodate that change and be resilient.
- Participate in code reviews to make the whole team better.
- Shared ownership of infrastructure and operations for websites and other DCC products. We all own production.
- Participate in technical recruiting and team on-boarding. As we grow we need to make sure we hire great people and help them succeed. This is everybody’s job.
- System metrics. We measure to validate our assumptions and make better decisions. This means we own performance metrics at a technical level as well as a business level.
“DCC continually strives to make the working world better and I'm so proud to be a part of it. Everyone in the team has such a sense of belonging and I'm excited to work for such a dynamic and driven organisation.” Sarah Cooper, Client Engagement Manager at DCC Jobs
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of and you believe you can help us change the world, we want to hear from you today!
Please click the “apply now” button to submit your application.