Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area: IT Business Solutions
Role: Sitecore Azure Developer (3 month Contract)
Location: London or Glasgow
Reporting to: Software Development Manager
Hours of work
Monday to Friday, 9:30 - 5:30, however you may be required to work additional hours to facilitate project implementations or support call resolution.
A technical Sitecore development position that is being advertised to lead the development of a new microsite on the ashurst.com platform.
The successful candidate will be asked to take on technical development of the SiteCore CMS application which supports Ashurst.com - Ashurst's best in class brand and marketing presence hosted on Microsoft Azure - as the firm launch a suite of innovative client services as part of the firm's corporate strategy.
They will play a role in providing programming and systems analysis skills to internal IT projects based around commercial, 3rd party bespoke and in house developed applications.
The team's technology stack for new applications is .NET MVC 5.0, SiteCore 8, SQL 2014 (2012), Entity Framework 6, Web API 2.0 and SharePoint 2013. The team builds software using an Agile/Scrum methodology using Team Foundation Server and Octopus Deploy
- To develop, maintain and integrate Sitecore CMS 8.2.5 based solutions hosted on Azure
- Lead software development work-streams on our SiteCore CMS platform providing end to end ownership including; specification and design, estimation and planning, build, release and support
- Contribute to discussions and decisions on software architecture and SDLC practices and implement improvements to the benefit of the business
- Liaise with product owners as required within the role, maintaining a high level of service within all aspects of the individual's work
- Work collaboratively as part of a team or individually to achieve business outcomes, maintaining constructive working relationships with IT peers
- Testing software to ensure the code meets high expectations of quality and standards
- Provide 3rd level support to in-house developed applications
Risk and Control:
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience building and delivering public facing websites and applications on the Azure platform including SiteCore
- A high level of commercial experience in the following technologies
- C# .NET, strong level of knowledge on Microsoft web development technologies
- .NET MVC
- Database programming on the SQL Server platform
- An ability to write detailed technical specification and design systems both from functional requirements documents and from dialogue with stakeholders
- Familiarity with the structure of a modern enterprise development team including using a version control system, agile development practices, working on documentation/ specifications, working with a formal test team
- Effective team-working and interpersonal skills, experience of working alone or in a team, maintaining working relationships with colleagues and clients
- A good eye for detail, ability to work accurately and efficiently even when under pressure
- Ability to complete set tasks with minimal supervision
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach
- Creating and updating technical documentation
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in integrating with third party systems like Document management, CRM, legacy systems with SiteCore using Web services (SOAP/REST)
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and software as well as experience in streamlining deployments with continuous integration and continuous deployment.
Our Culture is shaped by our core values of Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity and Accountability. They guide how we relate with each other, our clients, our behaviour.