- We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales
- World Class Training & Simulation Site | Cutting Edge Technology
- Located Nowra on the stunning NSW South Coast
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Avionics (AVS) is a business unit of Thales Australia that provides training and simulation solutions to defence for air, land and sea platforms, and avionics systems for the MRH-90 and ARH Helicopters to the Australian defence force.
Thales has teamed with Boeing Defence Australia to deliver the Helicopter Aircrew Training System (HATS) project. HATS delivers rotary wing training system for the Australian Army and Navy at HMAS Albatross located at Nowra, on the picturesque South Coast of NSW.
An opportunity is now available for Simulator Technicians to join our expanding team. Joining a team of highly skilled professionals, at our purpose built simulation facility, you will gain experience in working with state of the art technology and systems.
- Ensure that the synthetic training devices (simulators) are maintained in accordance with the manufacturers’ guidelines
- Manage corrective maintenance and actions in an agile manner
- Maintain the HATS ICT Network
- Maintain tools and test equipment, and ensure equipment is in calibration
- Maintain records and documentation
- Carry out repairs to ensure that the synthetic training devices meet their contracted availability requirements
- Diploma/Certificate in Aircraft Electronics, or Avionics Trade, or Diploma of Electronics Trade, or equivalent
- Experience with ICT hardware and networking
- Previous experience as a simulator technician is highly desirable
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a shift pattern (early morning/day/evening)
To apply for this role you must be eligible for a Defence Security Clearance. The suitable candidate may need to be ITARS cleared; therefore Thales need to know if you hold any other passport other than Australian, or have dual citizenship.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.