At Microsoft, we believe technology has the power to support learning transformation and be the trusted partner to help governments and nations around the world to build a future ready workforce needed to fuel economies and entrepreneurship. Join us in our mission of empowering the students of today to create the world of tomorrow.
Come as you are Microsoft Store is the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to tell our story.
- A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming of all
- Training that will make you feel empowered to do your best work even if you aren’t a tech expert
- Career opportunities for all our employees
- Fantastic, comprehensive and competitive benefits for full-time and part-time employees
- Gratitude & recognition for our awesome employees
- Belief that at Microsoft #WeWinAsATeam Our Services Advisors are experts in showcasing and interacting with Microsoft devices and software, providing world class service at our Answer Desk in-store. Through these customer engagements, Services Advisors help both consumer and business customers to see what is possible with technology, ultimately empowering them to achieve more through one to one support, personal training sessions, and small group workshops.
- Customer Obsession: empathetically assess customer support needs through listening, diagnosing, and repairing their devices, helping customers discover, use, and love Microsoft hardware, software, and services Deliver collaborative and enrichening one-on-one training sessions to both consumer and business customers, helping them acquire the skills needed to enhance their knowledge around our products and services.
- Technological Capability: identify and communicate potentially complex repair situations to store leadership as appropriate, maximizing time efficiency in resolution with a high-level attention to detail Continuously maintain technical knowledge by learning through others, along with self-educating, showcasing product and service offerings, building on our #WeWinAsATeam culture
- Drive for Results Proactively assess customer’s needs and recommend complete solutions that enhances their overall customer experience Takes responsibility in delivering on commitments and seeks positive results that benefit customers, both externally and internally
- Collaboration: Feel empowered to engage with peers, store leaders, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact in our customers lives Combines resources and joins efforts with teammates to achieve store and company goals
- Adaptability: effectively respond to changing in-store consumer and business environment, circumstances, and situations through customer engagements Ability to facilitate business engagement experiences through in store briefings, workshops, events, and demos
- year as a computer technician or helpdesk support or 1 year in a computer or technology education program
- Valid authorization to work in the Australia is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and a high-level attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced team oriented, dynamic, public-facing environment driven to achieve results
- Experience in selling consumer electronics or technology solutions
- Deep understanding of Microsoft products including, but not limited to: Windows, Xbox, Windows Phone, Surface, and cross-platform services like Skype, OneDrive, OneNote, and Office and how each of those products competes in the marketplace.
- Experience in maintaining a client relationship management database (Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred)
- Proven success in metrics-driven, consultative service environment
- Previous technology/product/software teaching or training experience
- Microsoft certifications OR experience/education in technology/IT
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.