- Unique development opportunity
- Ideally seeking CPAs or CAs who have a keen interest in Treasury
- Edinburgh Parks, SA, location
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
This newly created and specialist position will suit someone who is motivated to leverage of their existing career in finance to develop as a Treasury specialist. As part of a team and reporting to the Accounting Manager - Treasury & Governance, you will be responsible for the coordination and performance of treasury tasks across the entire business. BAE Systems has entered a period of significant growth so this is a real opportunity to build your profile both internally to the business and across our industry partners as you provide expert Treasury advice to a large range of national and international stakeholders.
Specifically, you will:
- Seek opportunities for and implement improvements in BAE Systems Australia's current Treasury practices
- Oversee and contribute towards the weekly cash forecasting process
- Collaborate across multiple project accounting teams to ensure foreign exchange risk management policies are adopted accurately
- Place, record and report foreign currency hedges/swaps
- Participate in the monitoring of bank guarantees and parent company guarantees
- Manage liquidity and accounting for loans and interest
- Proactively collaborate with internal stakeholders to achieve cash targets
- Perform monthly general ledger journals in relation to Treasury related balance sheet accounts
- Interface with the UK based parent entity Treasury team
- Maintain documented processes for the Treasury function
- Develop and maintain effective positive relationships with External Auditors
As the/an ideal applicant you will have:
- Completion of CA or CPA qualifications
- Solid relevant experience Exceptional interpersonal skills, a strong team orientation and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Solid level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Please note that we are seeing finance professionals with an interest in specialising in treasury. This means that experience with treasury and/or managing foreign exchange is preferred, but not essential
Applications should be addressed to Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquistion Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.