The Senior Risk Specialist will implement, enhance and champion the implementation of Telstra Operation’s risk framework, and develop quantitative risk profiles at the business level that are appropriately measured and prioritised. If successful you will deliver significant value through contributing to the ongoing establishment and maturing of an effective Technology and Operational Risk methodology.
You will demonstrate a clear ability to visualise the impact of your advice on your stakeholders, as well as working to simplify how these outcomes are achieved. You will be pragmatic, resilient, adaptable and delivery-driven.
To be successful in this role:
You will draw on your knowledge and experience of enterprise wide risk management practices, and be able to apply that knowledge successfully in a technology-centric environment.
You will be able to articulate Strategic, Operational, and Technology Risk, including the ability to communicate complex technology issues to a non-technical or non-specialist audience. To achieve this outcome you will collaborate with technical subject matter experts and business representatives to understand and communicate the relevant risk causes and consequences.
- Understand and articulate technology issues, treatments, and mitigations
- Provision risk support and advice to business unit initiatives and projects, participate in working groups, independent assessment of risks and adequacy of controls and provide response to business queries. This may involve supporting strategic initiatives such as Digitisation or Organisational Changes.
- Partner with business to embed Telstra Operation’s Risk Management Framework and associated Programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of compliance audit (ISO, COBIT etc).
- Comprehensive understanding of technology processes and/or frameworks (ITIL etc)
- Recommend solutions to complex problems which may not have any precedents and guidelines to follow and develop guidelines to promote standards.
- The development and maintenance of Risk Registers.
- Monitoring of business unit compliance with a range of elements of the Risk Management Framework.
- The identification of Key Controls
- The development and performance management of Treatment Plans and Risk Mitigation Strategies.
- The development, communication and execution of Risk Management Plans.
- Management of Compliance / Business Continuity Management requirements.
- Independently conduct regular assessments and reviews of the business and compliance risk profiles to support business decision making and reporting requirements.
- Perform risk assessments for major initiatives and assist the business with the identification of alternate mitigation strategies that cost effectively manages risks to acceptable levels.
- Lead and perform Business Continuity Assessments for a number of Lines of Business in accordance with Telstra’s Business Continuity Management methodology.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in business and technology risk management.
- Proven track record of being able to identify and connect with key stakeholders quickly, with little direction or instruction.
- Proven experience in establishing effective relationships with multiple stakeholders, and being able to diplomatically challenge data sources and insights without damaging those relationships.
- Experience working with Executive level stakeholders, providing written communications on their behalf.
- High level of comfort and confidence relating to data analytics and insightful reporting.
- CISA (ISACA Certification)
- CRISC (ISACA Certification)
- Familiarity with CObIT Framework
Join Telstra and further your career in more ways than you can imagine. There are a variety of roles to suit all sorts of skills, and the opportunity to learn from an amazingly diverse and talented group of colleagues who will support your development and with whom you'll achieve great things!
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to connect to a future created by you.
Telstra is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We’re also committed to flexibility and open to considering flexible ways of working for every role.